The land which now comprises the community of Scarboro was originally owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway. As was the case in the community of Mount Royal, the development of Scarboro adhered to the topography of the land and street names rather than numbers were used. The community was annexed to the city of Calgary in 1907 and subdivision plans were approved in 1910 and 1911. A restrictive covenant was placed on lots, still in effect today, which restricts uses that are in conflict with the residential nature of the subdivision.
The Scarboro Community Centre has rooms available for rent to community members and the public. Scarboro depends a great deal on the revenues generated from hall rentals for the operation of the entire facility.
*Sunalta Elementary School – Public
Visit the Scarboro Community Association
Could not retrieve response from CS server which is likely undergoing maintenance at this time, please try again shortly.